Learn everything you need to know about fat loss with Glasgow PTs.
If you’re unhappy about your appearance, want to feel healthier or just generally want to lose some body fat, Glasgow PTs can help!
Losing weight doesn’t have to be an impossible task. Step by step we can help you achieve your goals in a healthy way. We tailor all our workout and nutritional plans to you.
If you’re not a client yet you can read all of the free material below!
”Don't Starve, Don't Binge. Eat Right, Exercise, And You Will Get There.
We all know the importance of sticking to a balanced diet… and we all know what a challenge it can become sometimes! The good news is, with some little changes and just a bit of effort at the beginning, you can easily adjust your cooking and relationship with food to a healthy diet, which will benefit your health and your fitness journey.
The professional assistance of a personal trainer is always recommended for those wanting to start their fat loss journey.
In Glasgow PTS we are specialists in Fat Loss programs and our personal trainers will be glad to arrange an appointment and talk you through the process.
In the meanwhile, here you have some information about fat loss that you might find useful.
Nutrition plays a very important role in our wellness, but it becomes especially relevant when you start working out (no matter if you simply want to get fit for the summer or are training to win some competition).
You might have heard, during your fitness journey, that Fitness is 80% nutrition and 20% workout. Although we are not absolutely sure about this proportions, it is true that exercise is not enough without the support of the right diet, and this last one actually shows more benefits per se than exercise will ever do. Do you want to know how?
- It increases longevity and helps you fight the symptoms of premature ageing.
- It boosts your energy levels and attention span. It also enhances your mood, preventing stress and anxiety.
- It’s the easiest way to maintain an ideal weight.
- It prevents diseases, like diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure and even some kinds of cancer.
- It strengthens bones and teeth, reducing the risk of developing osteoporosis and other bone related diseases.
- It keeps your skin and hair young, beautiful and shiny.
- To sum up, it keeps your body working at its best.
Glasgow PTS offers a Nutrition Advice service for those who are want to improve their diet but are not sure where to start from. We also include a nutritional plan in all our fitness programs. Get in touch with our Personal Trainers today to learn more about how to combine a healthy diet with your workout routine.
Start Eating Healthy Today
You don’t need to be counting calories and checking all packages to keep a balanced diet! Leave the calculator at home and start focusing on the nutrients.
You will soon see the difference between the 425 kcal in a chocolate muffin and the 425 kcal of a plate of roasted salmon and sautéed cauliflower.
Keep an eye on these tips and improve your diet from today:
- Cut off all processed foods (the ones with artificial additives, sweeteners, refined sugars and vegetable oils). They are hard to digest and they have the property of making you crave for more.
- Choose whole foods. They are high in nutrients (vitamins, fiber, minerals and water), they are delicious and usually cheaper than processed foods. You will also learn to cook, which is always a plus 🙂
- Eat more FRUIT! Fruit is not your enemy. OK, it’s full of carbs, but they are good carbs, and they also contain lots of vitamins, antioxidants and water. Besides, they will help you satiate your sweet tooth.
- Eliminate sugary drinks. Honestly, sodas are not worth it. The amount of sugar in them can lead you to obesity, diabetes, anxiety and even liver damage in extreme cases.
- Have healthy snacks always ready in case you get hungry! It will help you avoid gaining weight if you are the snacking-between-meals kind.
- Don’t treat a moment of weakness as a massive, unforgivable failure! Be kind to yourself, and remember: just because you ate a cookie doesn’t mean the diet is over for today and you should finish the package.
- Of course, reduce (or eliminate) junk food and include more veggies and fish in your diet.
There are some lifestyle changes you should consider in order to achieve your fitness goals. Some of them are pretty easy, some others will require a bit more of determination.
Here is what you can start doing right now to live a more balanced life (remember these tips won’t work miracles if you don’t train and change your diet!):
- Sleep at least 7 hours a day. Your body needs it to work properly, and it will also stop you from snacking (haven’t you noticed when you are sleepy you tend to eat more? Your body craves the energy that couldn’t get in its sleep and tries to get it from another source: food).
- Keep yourself hydrated. We’ve all heard about the benefits of drinking at least 2 litres of water a day. Now, if you know about it, why don’t you start doing it?
- Think about cutting all added sugars. They are definitely not helping your case, and they wouldn’t be good for you even if you weren’t trying to lose weight.
- Keep an eye on your alcohol intake. Although a recent research found that drinking a glass of red wine can be as beneficial as an hour of running, the truth is this has only shown in mice, not in humans. Alcohol has lots of calories and could drive you into more important healthy problems.
Sign Up With Glasgow PTs Today!
Take a leap and let us help you achieve your fitness goals. Our experienced trainers know how to make your workouts fun and way more effective.